cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Manually Remove 10.0 r5484 from Clustered Server

David_Jennings
Level 5
We have 2 W2k3 EE servers in a cluster for multiple applications, one of which was BE 10.0.  In moving to a new version of BE we have decided to move BE to another server that is independent of the cluster.  We had setup the clustered installation of BE to reside on a media server called BKP, with member nodes being the 2 nodes of the cluster.  I tried removing BE from the passive node and was prompted that it was clustered and needed to be removed from the cluster before going forward.  I was able to log into BE, remove the passive node from the clustered instance and then subsequently remove BE from the passive node.  But after doing that I was no longer able to get the resources online or the services to start so I can't get back into the software.  If I try to remove BE from the primary server I get the same message that the server is clustered and needs to be removed for the software to be uninstalled.  Since I can't log in to remove it from the veritas cluster through the software I keep getting the same message.  I tried to do a repair but I get the same thing.  If I go into BEUTility I still see all three names (media server and 2 nodes).  I spoke to someone who advised that my only options are either to remove the server in question from the cluster (which is problematic in that Exchange resides on the cluster) or to do a manual uninstall of the software.  I found directions for uninstalling 9.x, just wanted to confirm that they do in fact apply to 10.0 as well. 
0 REPLIES 0