cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Media List incorrect

boxford345
Not applicable

I have a simple backup routine which includes the use of only five tapes. I name these tapes for the day of the week (i.e. Monday, Tuesday....).  Usually this works properly. On a couple of my customer's servers when I look at the Media list I see that new media is being added to the list with the default media name. It is just as if I had inserted a new tape. Over time several media will be listed in addition to the original tapes. In reality I am still using the same five original tapes once a week. I expect for the list to never include any media other than the five original tapes. How do I correct this behavior?

2 REPLIES 2

Darren_Dunham
Level 6

How are you restricting the tape usage so far?  Separate volume pools and separate policies?  Some sort of script that suspends the media?

Most likely there was a tape error or similar when the backup happened, so it grabbed a scratch tape.  Easiest way is to check the activity monitor and view the detailed job log for the day that it happened. 

--

Darren

Darren_Dunham
Level 6

Well, foo!  I don't see any easy way to delete my post.

This thread appeared when I was viewing only "netbackup" stuff once and I replied.  But then when it didn't reappear on the refresh, I looked and see that this is backup exec.  Sorry...

--

Darren