cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Media ejects on every job one time after instering it again the job starts

Sebastian_Herbi
Level 2
Hi!

I've a problem with Veritas Backupexec 9.1 REV 4691.

On every Fullbackupjob I insert the Tape and after a few minutes it is ejected automaticaly. After inserting it again the job starts without any problems.
I checked the write protection and erverything looks fine.

Do you have a hint or maybe the solution for my problem?

With regarts

Sebastian Herbig
3 REPLIES 3

Rucha_Abhyankar
Level 6
Hi Sebastian,

What is the overwrite protection period and the append period of the media set to which the tapes belong to?

Also let us know what options you have selected in tools>options>media management.

Are you using a library or a standalone tape drive?

==================

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.Message was edited by:
Rucha Abhyankar

Sebastian_Herbi
Level 2
Hi Rucha!

There isn't set an overwrite protection for the media.

The requested options are (http://www.geneon.de/sh/ToolsOptionsMediamanagement.JPG).

Its a a standalone drive (SONY SDX-500V).

Thanks for your Help.

priya_khire
Level 6
Hello Sebastien,

When the media ejects, do you get any errors in the alerts tab in backup exec? Also check if there are any errors related to the device in the event viewer.

Ensure that the device firmware is up to date and also has the latest device drivers.

Revert with details.

Note : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked �assumed answered� and would be moved to �answered questions� pool.

Regards.