cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Microsoft Exchange Server MAPI Client and CDO for Exchange 2016 restore error

bballlal
Level 3

We're running Backup Exec 16 on Windows Server 2008 R2 backing up Exchange 2016 on Windows Server 2016. I'm trying to restore some deleted items from a user's deleted items folder. 

The restore is giving the two following errors: 

RestoreV-79-57344-4615 - To support individual mailbox message and folder restores from Information Store backups, you must download and install the Microsoft Exchange Server MAPI Client and Collaboration Data Objects package version 06.05.7888 or later on the Exchange 2007 server. This package can be found on the Microsoft web site.

Restore- exchangeV-79-57344-4630 - Unable to create the temporary files that are needed to extract granular data for future restore. Make sure that the credentials used to perform the operation have write access to the BIN folder on the application server, or to the DATA subfolder if it exists.

From what I've read Server 2016 no longer supports Exchange Server MAPI Client and Collaboration Data Objects? Am I forced to restore these items to a PST file instead of directly back into the users Deleted Items folder?

2 REPLIES 2

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

As per the footnote below the Exchange section of the Backup Exec 16 Software Compatibility List - to backup Exchange 2016 the OS on the Backup Exec Server must be at least Windows 2012

Okay thanks, I missed that. I was able to restore to a PST file just fine. I'll look into migrating Backup Exec over to Server 2016.