cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migrating Windows 2003 server to new server hardware

Glen_Sedam
Level 2
Hello,

I need to migrate two windows 2003 servers to new server hardware. I would like to know if there is a procedure to do so with backup exec for windows.

Details:
Server 1:
Windows 2003 server with Exchange 2003
All patches and hot fixes applied

Server 2:
Windows 2003 server with Microsoft SQL 2000
All patches and hot fixes applied

I am currently running Version 10 but plan to perform and in place upgrade to Backup exec 10.d prior to the migration of the servers. I have the IDR, exchange, SQL, and open files agents for Backup Exec.

Thank you….
3 REPLIES 3

priya_khire
Level 6
Hello,

Do you wish to migrate the Backup exec application to another server with a different hardware? Do elaborate.

In case you wish to do so, you can use the Beutility of Backup exec and succesfully move all the backup exec related job information, device info etc.. Refer to the following technote for more information on this:

Title: How to copy media server configuration to a file and apply the copied media server configuration
http://support.veritas.com/docs/274778

Revert with details if the above information does not answer your query.

Note : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked ‘assumed answered’ and would be moved to ‘answered questions’ pool.

Regards.

Glen_Sedam
Level 2
Would you mind emailing me the fax number for time sheets?

I want to move the OS (windows 2003), all applications (MS SQL 2000 & Backup Exec), and all data to new hardware. The current system has memory and disk initiations.

Basically I would like to backup “Old hardware server” then restore on “new hardware server”. I have Open files agent, SAL agent, and the IDR agent…

Renuka_-
Level 6
Employee
Hello,
Please refer to this technote:
http://support.veritas.com/docs/261700
NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answeredand would be moved toanswered questions pool.