cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing notifications

Per_Sandstr_m
Level 3
Hi!

Backupexec 9.1 dont print out notifications to my printers after finishing backup jobs.
When testing from the "Configure recipients" this there are no problems but it nerver comes out after the jobs!
I also dont get any Messenger to comupter inside the net from the netsend!
why???

Regards
Per
9 REPLIES 9

Dave_Bunye
Level 6
Ok, easy answers....

First NetSend. Make sure the Messenger service is turned on at both the sending and receiving computers. Windows 2003 has this turned off by default.

For Printer notifications, make sure you either have selected the Printer recipient to be notified within the Job properties (on the notification node) or from Alert Category setup by assigning the printer recipient to the alert category.

The difference in the two above methods is that a per job notification will only send notifications to the recipients selected in the job properties, and it will only send notification when the job completes (due to success, failure, with exceptions, or cancellation.) Assign the recipient to an alert category will trigger a notification to that recipient every tiem that alert category is triggered, regardless of what job caused it. Methods are all a matter of preference however.

A few other things to check, ensure that on the recipient's properties screen you do not have a schedule which limits the alerts allowed to certain times, as well as makingsure the settings "Limit the number of notifications sent" are valid, if you have the option enabled.

tejashree_Bhate
Level 6
Hi,

In reference to the previous reply to your post, we would request you to update us on the progress.

NOTE : If we do not receive your intimation within two business days, this post would be marked ‘assumed answered’ and would be moved to the ‘answered threads’ pool.

Thanks.Message was edited by:
tejashree

Sheetal_Risbood
Level 6
As per our previous reply, marking the case as assumed answered and moving it to answered questions pool.

Per_Sandstr_m
Level 3
Thanks all for your hints but my problem still the same.
Most important is the print option that should give a signal to the office staff that the backup is OK or not.
When testing in the "Configure Reciptients..." form for the specific printer the test notofication is printed out.
The only limitations set for the printer is 1 notoifaction within 300 minutes and no other boxes are checked.
This realy confuse me and i appricate every advise to solve this problem.

Dave_Bunye
Level 6
Is the Enable check box selected? The only other reason I could think of besides that for the greyed out state is if the printer is no longer available to Windows, ie: network credentials changed if a network computer.

Per_Sandstr_m
Level 3
The first Enable Limit numbers of notification checkbox i selected in 1 time within 300 min
There are no limits in when in the day the notofications can been sent.
Regarding changed printers in Windows etc i would not been able to testprint from the setup window for that specific Recipient. This is working OK.

Per_Sandstr_m
Level 3
Missed to check the unanswerd button

Dave_Bunye
Level 6
Did you edit one of your posts above? I referered to a greyed out button in mine but now I don't see what I was referencing... lol

Anyways, since you have it set to one notificaition every 5 hours, what do you have the reset time value set at? It is possible the test notification is being counted as the one notification in the five hour block you set. Perhaps simple turn that feature off (uncheck it) and try again. If it then works, just tweaks your settings.

Renuka_-
Level 6
Employee
Hello,

Thank you for the update we will now move this thread to assumed answered pool;

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answeredand would be moved toanswered questions pool.