cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NDMP Error NDMP_DEVICE_OPENED_ERR (3)

LynnKCircle
Level 2
We are running Veritas Backup 9.2 Build 1391 on NetWare 6.5 SP6. The hardware is an HP DL380 Gen2 with dual processors and 1.5 gigs of memory.

When backing up remote servers across the lan, I regularly get this message:  "Job completed: With ERROR - NDMP Error NDMP_DEVICE_OPENED_ERR (3)"  Previously, the amount of data copied generally equalled the amount of data on the server to be backed up, so per the only tech document on this web site, I assumed the matter was cosmetic. But now backup jobs are stopping with this error, with only 20% or less of the needed data backed up.

This is only occurring when I backup across WAN connections with speeds varying from 1 full meg per second to 384KBS.  It does not happen when the system is backing up a server located at its own location, even one on another network going through a router.

So, I really need help on this issue forthwith and posthaste.  When Backup.Exec was owned by either Quantum or Seagate, the tech support we paid for was available and efficient. Personally, I think paying for support yearly is a rip-off when all we get for it is a bulletin board of users.

That isn't to demean the users on here or on other boards; I have always received excellent advice from similar sources.  But the only thing it ever cost me was my time.

Thank you to all and any who respond.
0 REPLIES 0