cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Naming Service for Remote Administration

Stefan_Theiding
Level 2
Hello!

I installed the Remote Administrator on a W2k3-Server. On start the Remote Administrator asks which mediaserver to choose.

I'd like to pick one of our 2 server from the list but there is nothing to pick. The manual says that if the "Backup Exec Naming Service" is installed on the machine I can pick Servers from the list.

What's the "Backup Exec Naming Service"? It's not on the services-list on my media-servers.

How do I install this Service (manually)?

Thanks for any help.
Stefan
3 REPLIES 3

priya_khire
Level 6
Hello,

It is not possibe to install the service manually. What version of Backup exec are you using? Is it 10.0? It seems you cannot see the media server from the admin console. Try uninstalling and reinstalling the remote admin console.

Note : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked �assumed answered� and would be moved to �answered questions� pool.

Stefan_Theiding
Level 2
Hi,

I'm using version 9.1 of Veritas BackupExec. So it's the right forum :)

I will try to uninstall and reinstall the admin console.

One question remains unanswered: Wich service(name) is the "naming service"? I think it has to be installed on our two mediaservers but i can't find it in my servicelist.

thanks in advance
stefan theiding

shweta_rege
Level 6
Hello,

Naming Service maintains a list of Backup Exec servers on the network.

It is not possibe to install the service manually. It seems you cannot see the media server from the admin console. Try uninstalling and reinstalling the remote admin console.

Note : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked �assumed answered� and would be moved to �answered questions� pool.

Thanks.