cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netware Remote Agent doesn't work with cluster volumes

Carles_Viaplana
Level 4
Hello,

I have a cluster (Berna and Rabat) with some volumes on netware 6.0 support pack 5 .

I migrated BE from v9.1 to v10, I installed RemoteAgents to both systems and performed backups succesfully, but when I try to backup any volume I got an error as RemoteAgent was not installed.

I found some documentation on http://ftp.support.veritas.com/pub/support/products/Backup_Exec_for_Netware/275143.pdf, but I'm not sure whether I should follow this procedure.

Has anybody migrated from BE v9.1 to v10 on a netware cluster?
Is there any procedure to follow?

Thanks in advance for your help.
Regards,

Carles
4 REPLIES 4

Milouse
Level 4
Employee Accredited
Hello Carles,

try this:

On the System Console of the Remote Netware Server which is one of the Node Type the Following Commands :

1.BESTOP

2.SMSSTOP--Unload the Reference Modules and Confirm SMDR is Unloaded.

3.Open SYS : ETC\SMS\TSA.CFG with Notepad or WordPad.

4.Edit this File and make an entry from DISABLE CLUSTER: NO to YES.

5.SMSSTART

6.BESTART

7.Restart the Back exec Services on the Windows Server.

8.Browse the Selection list and Check in NetWare Agents

Hope this works :)

Sam

Carles_Viaplana
Level 4
Merci Sam,

Problem on your procedure is I can't disable cluster. I just need to install RemoteAgent on volumes as well.

Thanks anyway for your answer.

Regards,

Carles

Gauri_Ketkar
Level 6
Hi,

As given in the earlier reply for your Query please perform following steps in order to disable cluster only on Backup exec server and not actually disable the cluster.

On the System Console of the Remote Netware Server which is one of the Node Type the Following Commands :

1.BESTOP

2.SMSSTOP--Unload the Reference Modules and Confirm SMDR is Unloaded.

3.Open SYS : ETC\SMS\TSA.CFG with Notepad or WordPad.

4.Edit this File and make an entry from DISABLE CLUSTER: NO to YES.

5.SMSSTART

6.BESTART

7.Restart the Back exec Services on the Windows Server.

8.Browse the Selection list and Check in NetWare Agents

Thank you
Gauri

Additional Information :
For information on the recent VERITAS Backup Exec security vulnerabilities, including links to the downloads for the necessary hotfixes, please refer to the following document:
Patch summary for Security Advisories VX05-001, VX05-002, VX05-003, VX05-005, VX05-006, VX05-007

http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/277429.htm

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked "assumed answered" and would be moved to "answered questions" pool.

Carles_Viaplana
Level 4
I followed process and I'm able to see volumes from BE, but backups don't work fine.

As I'm not sure if issues are related, I close this question and I'll open new one.

Thanks,

Carles