cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Newby Question: What happens to a recovered job?

Level 2
Hi-
I have been running a backup job that finished with a job status of recovered. The job is now running again. My question is this: When a job is recovered, will the entire job be rerun, or is the job picking up what has been missed in the first run?

Thanks for any help!
5 REPLIES 5

Sharvari_Deshmu
Level 6
Hello,

you have mentioned when the job is recovered?

Do you mean after the restore job what all contents are going to restored?

We request you to elaborate the issue.

Thanks,

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.

Level 2
Thank you for replying to my post.

I ran a 5TB backup job. After 1 week the job showed in the job history with a job status of Recovered, and the job began running again. I want to know if the new job that is running is going to backup all the data again. The documentation states that Recovered: "The Backup Exec services continued to be unresponsive past the
threshold for being stalled, and the job has been recovered by Backup
Exec." That does not tell me what is going on with the job, is it being completely rerun or is backup exec recovering what was missed.

Thanks for any help you may be able to offer.

Rucha_Abhyankar
Level 6
Hello,

So what is the status of the job now?

Does it get stalled or does it complete sucessfully?

==================

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.

Level 2
It is continuing to run.

shweta_rege
Level 6
Hello,

-- What Data are you backing Up?

-- Check if you receive any events in the event logs?

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered
and would be moved to answered questions pool.