cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Newly generated license shows no feature

milo_lfcs
Level 1

I newly regenerate a new license key for BACKUP EXEC SERVER ED WIN ONPREMISE NFR PERPETUAL LICENSE. I followed the instruction to remove the old Entitlement ID, moving old licenses to another location and the steps on the standard license installation, however, even after it shows that the end date has been renewed for another year, it shows "Your trial period has expired" in license information and all the features that was currently showing licensed is now showing expired and nothing shows in License Contract Information. When I tried to run a job, it will receive a Job Failed error message "The software trial period has expired".

The previous IT failed to provide any documentation on our backup set up hence, I have no idea on how things are set up in Veritas Backup Exec.

Attached are some screenshot in our system. Your help is highly appreciated.

2 REPLIES 2

pkh
   VIP    Certified

You need to talk to the Licencing Dept.  Option 2 on the Veritas support hotline for your area.

meuhassan
Level 4

It sounds like you may have run into a problem with the license renewal process for Backup Exec. Here are a few things to check:

• Make sure that you have entered the new license key correctly.
  • Make sure that you have removed the old entitlement ID from the Backup Exec server.
  • Make sure that you have restarted the Backup Exec server after installing the new license key.

If you have checked all of these things and the problem is still occurring, you may need to contact Veritas support for further assistance.

Here are some additional things to keep in mind:

• The license renewal process can take some time to complete. It may take up to 24 hours for the new license key to be activated.
  • If you are using a proxy server, make sure that the proxy server is configured correctly.
  • If you are using a firewall, make sure that the firewall is configured to allow traffic for the Backup Exec license server.

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any other questions.