cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Offhost job failed

elmars_kehris_2
Level 3
Hi!
I have two servers: media server (MS Windows Server 2003 Std Appliance Edition) and remote server (MS Windows Server 2003 Std). When I try to backup remote server c:\ disk and systemstate by Advanced Disk-based Backup to use offhost. After jop completes I got a error:

Can anybody help?
3 REPLIES 3

elmars_kehris_2
Level 3
We are using 11d version.

elmars_kehris_2
Level 3
I was uncheck advanced -> back up files and directories by following junction points
i got this following error by offhost
Backup- computer name
V-79-57344-34110 - ADBO: Offhost backup initialization failure on: "\\computer name\D:".
Snapshot provider error (0xE0008534): Backup Exec could not find a Microsoft Volume Shadow Copy Services (VSS) software or hardware provider on the media server. To use offhost backup, a VSS provider must be installed on both the media server and on the remote computer.
Check the Windows Event Viewer for details.

Why?????

But if I try made backup by advanced open file agent and configure to use symantec volume snapshot provider then i got a error:

Backup- computer name
V-79-57344-34110 - AOFO: Initialization failure on: "\\computer name\D:". Advanced Open File Option used: Symantec Volume Snapshot Provider (VSP).
Snapshot provider error (0xE000851C): Cache files required for the Symantec Volume Snapshot Provider (VSP) snapshot could not be created. Check that there is at least 50 MB of free disk space, and review the settings for the snapshot that are reported in the job log.
Check the Windows Event Viewer for details.

what's wrong?

Please Symantec solve this problems as soon as possible.

Thanks

elmars_kehris_2
Level 3

AOFO are installed on both machines 

What does it mean?
"If Veritas Storage Foundation for Windows or a VSS Hardware Writer are being used to replace the Microsoft VSS Writer, then these writers must also be installed on both the media server and remote machine."

The Volume Shadow Copy service is started on both machines.