cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oracle DB not shown in Backup-Selection

peter_buechel
Level 4
hi everybody,

we use oracle 10g on w2k3 and i installed the RANT on it. After that the oracle-DB-icon was shown on the media-server in the backup-resource-list of that server. But it show the quicktip that I have to configure the RANT.
I configured the oracle- and the database-tab. But now the oracle-DB is not shown anymore in the resource-list of that server. On other servers where I didn't configure the RANT the icon is still shown.
Has anyone an idea ?

thanks in advance
3 REPLIES 3

Sandy_Sandifer
Level 6
Hi Peter,

Please make sure you have the Oracle license installed on the backup server. If you go to Help\About and then License Information, you can see if it is installed and licensed.

Also, follow the best practices guide to make everything is properly setup:
http://support.veritas.com/docs/285758

Please let us know if this helps resolve your issue.

Thanks.

peter_buechel
Level 4
hi Sandy,

of course we have licensed and installes "Agent for Oracle on Windows Servers".

we have more thean one oracle-db's (but we want only backup one of these).
Strange is that's only these db's aren't shown in the backup list where we have additionally enabled the oracle-windows-authentication. ???

bye

Sandy_Sandifer
Level 6
Hi Peter,

Please check the following in the vxmon utility on the Oracle server:

1. For the local instance name, it is case sensitive, so make sure you are adding it in there correctly. Double check in Oracle to make sure there are no capitalizations you are missing.
2. For the username and password, try using the sys account instead of system or anything else. If we determine sys works, then we can come back and add in something different.
3. Uncheck Use Recovery Catalog for now.
4. Use the IP address for the media server name just in case any DNS issues are residing. We can always come back and change if necessary. Double check to make sure the media server can ping the Oracle server by IP and vice versa.
5. Once done, recycle the remote agent service on the Oracle server, and all the Backup Exec services on the media server.
6. If you don't see the Oracle instance on that remote server, where exactly are you looking? If you are looking under the Favorites node, try under Domains\Active Directory Domains, and Domains\Microsoft Windows Network.

Please let me know how this goes, and please be detailed about where exactly you're seeing or not seeing the instance. Screenshots wouldhelp as well.

Thanks.