cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Overwrite function not working

David_Henderson
Not applicable
I have two servers, an IBM and a Compaq. Both were running BE 9.1 until yesterday when I upgraded the Compaq to 10d. The problem I have had for some time is that the Compaq ML 350 server all of a sudden quit overwriting old tapes even though the Job is set to overwrite. Under 9.1 I had to first run a quick erase on the tape before the job would complete, otherwise it would remain at 'Loading Media'. I thought maybe upgrading to 10d would fix it, but I found out that I now have to perform an additional step. I have to put the tape in and run an 'Inventory' job first and then it will allow me to do a 'Quick Erase'. If I don't run the Inventory the Quick Erase function remains grayed out. The IBM server 'Backup' job has the same parameters set up and it doesn't have the problem.
2 REPLIES 2

Peter_Ludwig
Level 6
Instead of ereasing the media you could just move them from whatever it is to 'scratch media'. Does need almost no time and works here.

greetings
Peter

priya_khire
Level 6
Hello David,

As suggested in the earlier reply, moving the media to scratch media will help. After upgrading to the latest version, backup exec will see the media as imported media.

If the issue persists still, revert with details.

Note : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked ‘assumed answered’ and would be moved to ‘answered questions’ pool.

Regards.