cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Overwriting Tape Not Working Automatically.

Kay_Smart
Level 2
I am trialing Backup Exec 10d. I have a scheduled backup setup with the Overwrite media option ticked. The schedule hangs on the loading of the tape. I then have to cancel the job and start it running manually. The tape loads quickly and then the option to Overwrite comes up. I select yes and away the backup goes perfectly.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to why the loading and overwriting is not automatically working ?

Thanks
3 REPLIES 3

STeve_O
Level 5
Go into tools options media management. You change it to None for overwrite protection and uncheck the box to prompt before overwriting imported media.

If you want to use some sort of overwrite protection then change it to partial and uncheck the box about imported media.

Then you will need to go into the media tab and adjust the media set accordingly

Kay_Smart
Level 2
Hi Steve

thanks so much you have fixed my problem.

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
Rather than select no overwrite protection (which means that sooner or later, you WILL overwrite a tape that you wanted to keep. I'd set the OPP (Overwrite Protection Period) of the media set such that when the tape is due to be reused, it is available for overwrite

For tapes reused the same day each week, use 6 days
For tapes reused the same day every other week use 13 days, etc