cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with "Dublicate disk2Tape" exchange job

Daniel_Lauritze
Level 3
Hi,

Even thou my experience with this forum is next to pretty bad - ill give it a try again/anyway.

After coultless hours of messing around with 11d - slow remote agents, exchange errors and other performance issues - i finally got to buy som new hardware (i mean c'mon...nobody could help in anyway - not event symantec.. sigh)

Now i finally got to backup exchange (after removing patch 3/4/5... sigh again) and even with pretty good speed (somewhat 1300MB/min over GB LAN) to disk - Temporary DAS on backup server.

Now when i create a dublicate job, doing disk->tape it runs with 2GB/min -> 2.4GB/min - excelent i said to my self... but...

When dublicating the 72.9GB it stops at 72.5GB... argh.. but why.... Kindda hard recommending this product as reseller with the level of support / errors......

/Dal

1 REPLY 1

Scott_P
Level 4
Employee Certified
Hi Daniel,
So what build of Backup Exec are you currently running? 6235, or 7170? Also, if you open the job log when it looks like it's hung up, does it tell you exactly what it is stuck on?

In the selection list for the job, do you have the Exchange server selected under 'Active Directory Domains' or Microsoft Windows Network' ? If you have it under AD Domains, try selecting it under Microsoft Windows Network just as a test, and re-run the backup to disk and duplicate job and let me know what happens. Also wouldn't hurt to restart the services on both ends before running the job.

Regards,
Scott