cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with running reports

Kurt_Bechstein
Level 3
I have a fresh install of Backup Exec 10 on a Windows 2003 Server and everything is working nicely except for the reports. I can only run one of the many reports listed and that is the Event Log report which gives me a pdf file. All other reports give me: Unable to run report. No further information available. I have already referenced article http://support.veritas.com/docs/272065 . The folders it mentions are already there. So I'm not sure what else to check.
8 REPLIES 8

Deepali_Badave
Level 6
Employee
Hello,

This error may occur if an earlier version prior to Seagate Crystal reports version 8.5 is installed on the Backup Exec Media Server or the crystal report runtime file p2soledb.dll is the incorrect version.

This error occurs when the p2soledb.dll file in the \%SYSTEMROOT%\system32 or \%SYSTEMROOT%\Crystal is not the correct file version in relationship to the version of the file located in \Program Files\Veritas\Backup Exec\NT. To resolve this issue, replace the p2soledb.dll in the \%SYSTEMROOT%\system32 or \%SYSTEMROOT%\Crystal directory with the original files installed by Backup Exec.
To replace the file with the matching version, use one of the following methods to repair this configuration:
This Crystal Reports ODBC driver (version 8.0.0.85) allows connections to be made to a ODBC data source with default registry permissions settings. Previous versions of this driver cannot connect to a ODBC data source with default registry permissions
Crystal Reports Standard does not allow for ODBC connections to SQL-type databases, however, the professional version does allow for these ODBC connections.

================================================
Additional Information :
For information on the recent VERITAS Backup Exec security vulnerabilities, including links to the downloads for the necessary hotfixes, please refer to the following document:
Patch summary for Security Advisories VX05-001, VX05-002, VX05-003, VX05-005, VX05-006, VX05-007

http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/277429.htm

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.

Kurt_Bechstein
Level 3
Ok, the file you mention does exist. However, in your message I'm not seeing the methods you mention to replace the file.

Kurt_Bechstein
Level 3
BUMP

Amruta_Bhide
Level 6
Hello Kurt,
Deepali has mentioned the ways :
This Crystal Reports ODBC driver (version 8.0.0.85) allows connections to be made to a ODBC data source with default registry permissions settings. Previous versions of this driver cannot connect to a ODBC data source with default registry permissions
Crystal Reports Standard does not allow for ODBC connections to SQL-type databases, however, the professional version does allow for these ODBC connections.

1) check if the ODBC drivers version is 8.0.0.85 atleast. As previous versions of te driver cannot connect to the data source.
2) Crystal reposrts Proffessional version allows these ODBC connections. So If you have a Stamdard version please install the proffessional version.
---------------------------------------------------------------------
---------------------------------------------------------------------
You can also try a repair installation of Backup exec from add remover Programs.
==============================================
==============================================
Additional Information :
For information on the recent VERITAS Backup Exec security vulnerabilities, including links to the downloads for the necessary hotfixes, please refer to the following document:
Patch summary for Security Advisories VX05-001, VX05-002, VX05-003, VX05-005, VX05-006, VX05-007

http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/277429.htm

Note : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked ‘assumed answered’ and would be moved to ‘answered questions’ pool.

Thanks.

Kurt_Bechstein
Level 3
Crystal Reports is not even installed on this server. Any other ideas?

Kurt_Bechstein
Level 3
Nevermind, one of ther other admins here did install the software without letting me know. Problem is resolved. Thanks!

Ross_Peters
Level 3
I am having the exact symptoms but I do not have Crystal Reports installed.
Windows 2003 Server.
Backup Exec Version 10.0 Rev. 5520 no installed updates.

These folders exist as referenced article http://support.veritas.com/docs/272065 :
C:\Program Files\VERITAS\Backup Exec\NT\Reports\Saved\HTML
C:\Program Files\VERITAS\Backup Exec\NT\Reports\Saved\

I have tried a repair installation of Backup exec from add remover Programs with no change.

What other details do I need to follow to make the reports work?

R_Kirk
Not applicable
I was having the same issue. I did a database comparison with another backup exec database on our network and found out that I didn't have any of the report stored procedures installed. I moved them over from the other server and now things are working fine. I recently took over the server so I'm not certain, but I think the database was upgraded from a previous version. Maybe that is the reason the stored procedures were missing.