cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with sql with backup exec 11d sbs premium

javivos
Not applicable
I have installed backup exec 11d sbs, witn sql express.
I need to installe sql 2005 (sbs premium) in the server, but I need to installe it without uninstalling sql express, because back up exec wouldn´t work.
  • How can I installe sql 2005 without losing the configuration of the sql express already installed,but  without stop working backup exec 11d sbs?
  • Is it possible to installe sql 2005 over sql express and to recover the information of sql express?

I need the answer as soon as posible please.

1 REPLY 1

MOQ
Level 3
I did the SQL Express upgrade to SQL 2005 STD recently.

To be in safe side I did a complete backup of the server (Using NTBACKUP and seperate DB backup). Copied the SQL Setup files to the server went to DOS prompt and run the setup command setup.exe SKUUPGRADE=1. Seems the the command is case sensite (parameter must be type exactly as shown (not skuupgrade=1). Don't accept default instance choose the  BACKUPEXEC (SQL Express Instance) Instance from Installed Instances. Continue the Setup.

This will upgrade the SQL Express version into SQL 2005 STD. I haven't have to do anything in Backupexec after the upgrade. Everything worked as it is. I was looking for the information on the upgrade and at last I took the risk and upgraded when there was no more space available on BEDB.