cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Proposed Install

Brian_Schiel
Level 2
Greetings all,

We are proposing a new backup solution for our company and would like some input from those that are currently using the software.

Our proposed solution is to have 4 HP DL100G2 (2 640GB, 2 1 TB) Windows Storage Servers. The two 640GB Storage Servers are connected to the main office by a dedicated T1. Machines local to the the 640GB Storage Servers would save their local data to them. One of the 1 TB Storage Servers would be for local file storage. The other would pull ( CPS?) data from the others. A seperate machine would be setup as the media server and have a 4 tape HP ultrium SCSI tape device attched to it.

We also have (will have) an Exchange and SQL Server as well as other smaller servers (one running several Visual FoxPro Apps) that need to be addressed as well.

Each remote site will have a domain controller for user authentication. Profiles to be stored on the Storage Servers.

I think that about covers it. If anyone has anything they see missing please let me know. If you have any thoughts on how to better accomplish this I would appreciate it.
3 REPLIES 3

Gauri_Ketkar
Level 6
Hi,

Which software you want to install and start backups..
1.BE Continuous Protection Server Software
2.Backup Exec for Windows Server

Update us on the same and revert for any further Query

Thank you
Gauri

Hywel_Mallett
Level 6
Certified
Caveat: I don't use CPS.
I would think that provided the rate of data change at the remote office isn't so great that CPS data swamps the T1, you'd be OK. The initial sync might take a while though.

Rucha_Abhyankar
Level 6
Hi Brian,

Please update us if the earlier suggestions have helped you.

===============