cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about not using Cleaning Tape

Doofus1980
Level 4

Hi!

I have a question, this might sound really stupid. Our cleaning tape in BE 12.5 expired today and I have basically been told that we will have to do without. What will happen if I stop running the cleaning job from here on forward? Honestly.

Many thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi,

eventually the drive will become clogged. This will lead to failed jobs, BE spamming you with alerts that the tape drive needs to be cleaned, and even possible hardware failure of the drive. If you have maintenance when this happens, then great...just get the drive swopped out. Otherwise it's going to become expensive.

Best to invest in the cleaning tape as they aren't that expensive, and you would only run them when need-be.

Thanks!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi,

eventually the drive will become clogged. This will lead to failed jobs, BE spamming you with alerts that the tape drive needs to be cleaned, and even possible hardware failure of the drive. If you have maintenance when this happens, then great...just get the drive swopped out. Otherwise it's going to become expensive.

Best to invest in the cleaning tape as they aren't that expensive, and you would only run them when need-be.

Thanks!

Doofus1980
Level 4

Thanks Craig!