cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question on dedupe folder to tape-468KB after first backup

macpiano
Level 6

I did a backup job of a dedupe folder to another one in another building. The original data was 35 gigs but the dedupe job was 22 gigs. I did a backup job to copy that dedupe folder with the 22 gigs to the other server's dedupe folder. From the 2nd server I did a backup job of the 2nd dedupe folder to tape and it was 22 gigs so I wonder if it was rehydrated?

1. How in the world do you see the individual files on the tape backups after the dedupe data is written?

2. How do you a restore of that?

3. The 2nd time and 3rd time I ran the same full backup job of dedupe to tape is was only 468 KB. What is going on? It said it was successful.

2 REPLIES 2

teiva-boy
Level 6

Just do a restore like normal, if the catalog was written correctly, you should be able to see what was written to tape.  Backing up to dedupe folder A, duplicated to Dedupe folder B, then duplicated to tape does not have a different restore process, it's all the same based on media or date.

macpiano
Level 6

When you do a restore you pick the server whose data you want. When I do that it gives me the first dedupe job but not the 2nd. Am I restoring the files  from the 2nd dedupe dedupe folder or the original folder?