cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question on restore over network

james_rudley_2
Not applicable
Hi, I have Backup Exec running on a domain controller and I am backing up over the network to a file server. When I try to restore over the network, it says the folder is offline. I am guessing this is due to DNS being down? Well, I copied the files to the DC while in Directory Restore mode and created a new folder on the DC. I scanned and it founded all the Backup Exec backup files. Now, When I go to restore, I get this error:

The job failed with the following error: Authentication failed on connection to the server. Make sure that the user account has the appropriate permissions and that the password was typed correctly.

Now, I am using Windows 2003 and there is no local users and groups. Which account should I be using? The local administrator? It doesn't like that l/p either. I started the services up using the local system account.

Is it even possibile to do what I am doing? Backing up over the network to a file server?
Any help would be greatful.
3 REPLIES 3

Shilpa_pawar_2
Level 6
Hi,

Are you using backup to disk folder as a target device for backups? Is it on a remote server?

Are there any errors in event log?

Also refer these technotes:

http://support.veritas.com/docs/273528

http://support.veritas.com/docs/236295

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked "assumed answered" and would be moved to "answered questions" pool.

Hywel_Mallett
Level 6
Certified
I don't understand 100% what you are trying to do exactly, however, if you are trying to restore on the 2003 Domain Controller while in Directory Restore mode, then it's SERVERNAME\Administrator and the Directory Restore mode password that you need to use as the password.

Deepali_Badave
Level 6
Employee
Hello,

Please update us on this issue.

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.