cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question regarding AOFO

pdestefanis
Level 2
Hello,

Im using Backup Exec v10.d on a Windows 2003 Server.  Im currently backing up three other servers and need BE to be able to backup open files on those other servers.  My question is, do I need to have AOFO installed on the three remote servers as well as the server doing the backup, or if I have one copy installed on the server doing that backups, will that allow me to backup open files on the remote servers?  In summary, does the AOFO need to be installed on all the servers being backedup, or just the main server that is doing the backups?

Thank you very much

2 REPLIES 2

pdestefanis
Level 2
More on my same question, do I need to purchase a seperate AOFO license for the three remote servers, or if I have a license for it on the server doing the backups, is that enough?

Armin_Hennecke
Level 4
You are able to install AOFO at the remote servers, so I think you have to install it at every machine. (Contrary to this agent you can - for example - install the Lotus Domino Agent only at the backup-server not at the remote-servers)
I don't know what about licenses. But: If you are able to install it you should be permitted to use it too. Don't blame me if this is wrong! :)

Armin