cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RANT and AOFO

Future5
Level 4
Firstly, can you still purchase the AOFO for 9.1 or will I have to upgrade to 10?

I have 9.1 installed on my backup server and use RANT to backup all my other servers.

Having some problems with open files, so want to get the AOFO.

Do I need just one copy of this (for the backup server), and will that allow AOFO to work on my other servers?

Thanks
3 REPLIES 3

Asma_Tamboli
Level 6
Hi,

AOFO is an option that needs to be installed on every machine that is being backed up. You would need an AOFO license for each server and you would need to install AOFO on each machine.

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked ‘assumed answered’ and would be moved to ‘answered questions’ pool.

Joshua_Small
Level 6
Partner
Really depends on the salesmen.

Some companies have left over stock of AOFO licenses for 9.1, but the short is, generally they will only be able to sell you a 10.0 license.

I recently tried getting an Exnchange license for the still supported Veritas 9.1, and the advice was, that I needed to upgade to 10.0.

Deepali_Badave
Level 6
Employee
Hello,

Please update us on this issue.

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.