cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

'Ran out of memory' error on open, plus can't see my storage devices...

Keith_Planer
Level 2
Yesterday, I was trying to switch media in our tape drive (hp Storageworks DAT 72x6) and I get a "bad media' error, so I switch out tapes, and try to relabel it. The operation takes longer than it should be, so I cancel it. For some reason, I decide to log out of Windows with the operation still running. When I log back in, all of the storage devices are missing! Only devices on the tree are 'All Devices' and 'Drive Pool' underneath it. I talked to my supervisor about it and he said he'd take care of it later, haven't heard from him since.

So I come in this morning to check on the backup, when I open Backup Exec I'm greeted to a popup window that simply states "Ran out of memory."and the regular backup didn't run last night.

Help Please.

Keith
2 REPLIES 2

Keith_Planer
Level 2
Update: I just realized the cancel is *still* pending, going on for 20+ hours now..

Asma_Tamboli
Level 6
Hi,

Could you please restart all the backup exec Services?

Would it also be possible to restart the server? Do you see any relevant errors in the event viewer?

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.