Did you mean: 

Recovering with IDR Fails

Mario_Ortega
Level 3
Hi folks!

I have a problem with IDR .

When I try to recover a server with the IDR I get the following error:

e00081d2 - The script associated with this job contained no valid selections

This error occurs when the server to be recovered starts the tape download.

I'm working with W2K3 SP1 and veritas BackupExec for Windows Servers SP4

The IDR boot disc was created with W2K3 Gold Edition to avoid the problem with W2K3 SP1 included.

The ASR files are stored in a floppy disk in the same way than the .DR file.

I'm using a CD-RW CD

Thank's in advance
7 REPLIES 7

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
Sounds like IDR is broke -

See the Admin Guide for "Disaster Recovery" if you don't know where your copy is, you can download one from http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/269777.htm

Mario_Ortega
Level 3
I forgot to tell that the server to recover is a Remote Server.

I tried to recover the server manually, but i got an error also.
When I try to make the Selection list the error: "Unable to create selection List" appear and can't continue with the process.

I reinstalled the VBE in the media server and the SP4 and the problem continues.

As answer to the previous Message: I followed the IDR steps correctly without success

Ashutosh_Tamhan
Level 6
Do you get this error "Unable to create selection List" for all sorts of restore jobs?

Regards,
Ashutosh

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.

Mario_Ortega
Level 3
Yes it appears when I try to restore manually each set.

In addition, the IDR stops when the System State begins to be restored.

That is, the IDR stops when the system state. But if I try to restore manually, the Selection list mesagge appears. To solve the problem I had to reinstall the VBE Media Server (just Veritas). After that I could restore the server manually.

Gauri_Ketkar
Level 6
Hi,

Thank you very much for the Update

Gauri

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked "assumed answered" and would be moved to "answered questions" pool.

Mario_Ortega
Level 3
I'm still waiting for help!!!

For practical propuoses, I will assume that an IDR is not 100% possible when we are recovering from a remote media server

tejashree_Bhate
Level 6
Hello,

A manual disaster recovery could only be the workaround in this case.

Also note that due to the complexity of your issue, resolution will require the personal attention of a VERITAS representative. Please contact us through your local support number. You can see a list of support numbers at our support website:
http://support.veritas.com/prodlist_path_phone.htm

Please note that you may be charged for this service.

For the latest details on pricing, please visit
http://support.veritas.com/srv_portfolio/srvc_pricing_matrix.htm

Thanks