cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remote Administrator "forgets" server names

Gerhard_Goebel_
Level 4
I just loaded installed the Remote Administrator V10 on my notebook. Rebooted. I have 1 service Backup Exec Remote Agent for Windows Servers running.

When I start the Remote Administrator the server field on the top is empty. Also there is no server displayed when using the pull-down. At the bottom of the screen I have a message: Backup Exec Services on T30: Not installed.

However, when I just type the Backup server name and logon user id and password and click OK the Remote Adminitrator starts just fine (I did not start any additional services).

I installed the Remote Administrator according to the installation instruction I found on the Help files.

Is there another service that is not running on my notebook? What else should/could I do to have the server name appear the next time?

I previously had version V8.6 running without any problems. I connected to 2 backup server which I saw in the pull-down menu, plus the last one used was automatically displayed in ther server name field. I had expected the same functionality with version 10.0.
1 REPLY 1

Gerhard_Goebel_
Level 4
Never mind, just found note 277418 which addresses this issue.