cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remote Agent Errors Out

dfallmer
Not applicable
I have Backup Exec version 9.0 and am backing up several Windows 2003 servers. I have a new server ready to deploy and need to add this. I installed both manually and using the Push from the server and the instaled agent installs and runs. I create the backup job and selct the parts of the server to backup and all is well. I run the backup job and the agent errors out and on the remote server it shows: "Backup Exec Remote Agent for WindowsNT/2000 encountered a problem and needed to close" ... indicating the wrong agent is running (shoud be a Windows 2003 R2 agent ... and on the server side the error a CRC with hex code 17, Initialization Error ... and the selections for the server (e.g. the C$ drive) are grayed out and the error displays "Selection disabled. Not Authorized" and that either a license key for the remote agent is not installed or the agent is older or incompatible version.

The Remote agents installed on my other Windows 2003 servers are working. This one is running Terminal Services but no databases of any kind.

How can I determine if the agent is the wrong one (9.0.4367 version number) or if this is a licensing issue?
2 REPLIES 2

tech29
Level 6
Hi this might help you out:

http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/258984.htm

regards,
tech29

pkh
   VIP    Certified

For each additional remote server, you definitely need an additional RAWS licence.  The question is whether you can still buy it.  BE 9 is end-of-life for along time and is quite a few releases back.  The current release is BE2010 (BE 13).

Furthermore, I am not sure if BE 9 is capable of backing up Server 2003 R2.