cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remote Agent Relevance to Stand-Alone Backup

Not applicable
Windows Server 2003 Standard Ed. running 9.1, Rev. 4691 backing itself up.NoRemote anything. The nightly backup job is failing with this error listedin the Job Log under "Backup Set Detail Information": The media operationwas terminated by the user.Error reading file data.Error reading file data.The network connection to the Backup Exec Remote Agent has been lost. Pleasecheck for network errors.A timeout occurred waiting for completion of media server data processing.The job ran from 6PM to 9PM. During this timeframe Event Viewer logged theserelated events: (Application Log) at 8:51 BE started sending alerts (eventID 58061) to "Please insert overwritable media into the drive" which I assumewas becauseof the tape being ejected caused by the "lost network connection" listedabove.At 5:59PM (System Log) Event ID 7035, User: System, Source: Service ControlManager, Description:The Volume Shadow Copy service was successfully senta start control.At 6:01PM (System Log) Event ID 7036, User: N/A, Source: Service ControlManager, Description:The Volume Shadow Copy service entered the running state.At 6:03PM (System Log) Event ID 7036, User: N/A, Source: Service ControlManager, Description:The Volume Shadow Copy service entered the stopped state.I dont understand where the Remote Agent is figuring into the scheme of thingsgiven the fact that its a server running a full version of Veritas, backingitself up.The Veritas Backup Exec Service-Backup Exec Remote Agent For Windows Servers-along with 4 other BE Services are set to Log On As Local System Accountand are running.Though, recently, starting 12/28/04, 4 Application Errors have occurredand arelisted in the Event Viewer, Application Log: Event ID 1000, User N/A, Category(100), " Faulting application bengine.exe, version 9.1.4691.0, faulting modulebengine.exe, version 9.1.4691.0, fault address 0x000b6c30."As of yet, these errors have not occured while the backup jobs in questionarerunning but they result in the Backup Exec Job Engine Service stopping.Any help would be greatly appiciated!!!Thanks,Jon
3 REPLIES 3

Lambros
Level 3
Looks like I have a same error.

The backup was taken normally till one day that brought me this message on Job History...:

>Error category : Job Errors
>Error : a00081d9 - The Backup Exec job engine system service is not responding.

>Resource name : \\HELIOS\C:Logon account : System Logon Account
>Error : a00084f8 - The network connection to the >Backup Exec Remote Agent has been lost. Please check for network errors.

>Agent used : Yes
>Advanced Open File Option used : No
>Image used : No

...and these on Job Operation Job that eventually coulnt be generated in xml and finally it generated in txt format on html :

>Drive and media information from media mount:
>Drive Name: SEAGATE 1
>Media Label: Seagate 2004/01/19.14:47:14
>Media GUID: {3DE5E517-DA49-4819-B01A-3149C81BDA01}
>Overwrite Protected Until: 1/1/1900 12:00:00 πμ
>Appendable Until: 1/1/1900 12:00:00 πμ
>Targeted Media Set Name: Tricom Media Set

>The media is being retensioned.
>======================================================================
>Media operation - overwrite.
>Hardware compression enabled.
>======================================================================
>\\HELIOSC:
>Family Name: "Media created 10/1/2005 11:00:13 μμ"
>Backup of "C: "
>Backup set #1 on storage media #1
>Backup set description: "Tricom Full Backup"
>Backup Type: COPY - Back Up Files
>Backup started on 10/1/2005 at 11:02:55 μμ.
>The media operation was terminated by the user.
>Error reading file data.
>Error reading file data.
>The network connection to the Backup Exec Remote Agent has >been lost. Please check for network errors.
>A timeout occurred waiting for completion of media server data processing
>Backup completed on 11/1/2005 at 4:18:12 πμ.
>Backed up 179775 files in 10032 directories.
>Processed 16.712.488.464 bytes in 5 hours, 15 minutes, and 17 seconds.
>Throughput rate: 50.6 MB/min
>----------------------------------------------------------------------

This job usually takes about one and a half hour , in this instance it has taken more than 5 hours without cancelling (I had said the job to cancel after 5 hours) and stuck in the 99%.

When I am trying to cancel it , never cancels normally , except if I stop the Backup Exec Services.

I had tryied succefully to backup with the same options a small 95MB Backup but not my usual 16-17GB.

Can you please help me?

Lambros
Level 3
Nobody ?

Lambros
Level 3
The answer to my problem finally was that it couldn't calculate and bring me with a message that the backup job won't fit in the tape because of the side and that's because I had Hardware compression enabled that is difficult to calculate the estimate size.

That althought is some bug that must be fixed I believe.