cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remote Agent and FIrewall

Artur_Szczurzyn
Level 3
Hi,
I have question about Remote Agent and Firewall. I've red in documentation that "comunication between the media server and remote agent...will usually require two-way connection on different port numbers".
I have LAN -- FIREWALL -- DMZ
|
INTERNET
In DMZ I have server with remote agent and in LAN media server. I've enabled connection from media server to remote agent. I can browse remote resources, even test run works but when run backup job I see failure message:
"Backup 0007 -- The job failed with the following error: A communications failure has occurred between the Backup Exec job engine and the remote agent."

Maybe I need to open connections (initialization packets) from agent do media server? This is not good solution - security risk.

Please help
1 REPLY 1

Amruta_Purandar
Level 6
Hello,

Please refer the following technote and verify if your configuration is correctly set.
Title:
Backup Exec 9.x for Windows Servers has improved support for backups of remote computers.
http://support.veritas.com/docs/255831

If the issue persists, do revert.

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.