cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remote Agent is old or incompatible

Pei_San_Teo
Level 2
Hi all;

I need help. I have recently installed a Veritas Backup Exec 9.1 for Windows under MS Windows 2000 Server on a Dell PowerEdge 1800 with a internal tape drive. Installation was successfully completed with no error.

My problem was whenever I need to do a system state backup for this server, I was not able to select the System State object under the selection list. An error message as followed appeared;

"Selection of this item is disabled. You are not authorized to access this item, a license key for Backup Exec Remote Agent for Windows Server is not installed on the machine or the Remote Agent is old or incompatible"

Looking into the knowledge, based,http://support.veritas.com/docs/258984, there are 5 possibility and I have already address the possibility that was description in the article. But I still couldn't resolve the probblem.

BTW, I have already apply service pack 2 on the Veritas Backup Exec 9.1.

If anybody know of any alternative to this problem, please advised me.

Regards
2 REPLIES 2

Ameet_Thakkar
Level 6
The error "Selection of this item is disabled. You are not authorized ........" occurred because the Remote Agent for Windows Servers failed to obtain the location of the System Partition from the Windows registry. By specifying 'ForceBootDrive' in registry RAWS is able to detect boot drive for the remote or local server

Solution:

1. Open a Registry editor (Start > Run > Regedt32).
2. Navigate to \HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\VERITAS\Backup Exec\Engine\NTFS.
3. Select Edit > Add Value.
4. Enter ForceBootDrive as the value name. Select REG_SZ as the data type. Click OK.
5. When the string editor appears, enter the current boot drive. For example, enter C: if system boots off the C drive. Click OK. Close the registry editor.
6. Cycle the Backup Exec Remote Agent service.

We hope this helps. Let us know if the problem still exists and revert back with the error message.

Pei_San_Teo
Level 2
Hi Ameet;

You are the greatest. Thanks for you solution. It works.

Regards