cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remote Agent terminated unexpectedly

Mike_McGuffin
Level 2
I am running BE 10 build 5520 SP1 on a Win2k SP4 server. I just recently built a new server Win2k SP4 with a NAS device running ISCSI to replace the current file server. The server has a C, D, E partitions. D and E are the ISCSI partitions. ISCSI has a private vlan IP 192.168.1.x. I am trying to restore all of my data from tape to the new server doing a redirect to the new server. During the restore process the Remote Agent keeps dying with Error 7031 showing up in the event logs. I have told the service to restart if it dies but this doesn't do much. I have been battling this for the last 3 days and it is getting very old. I have Symantec AV running on the server but don't think that is the problem. I have looked at the log files from the remote agent and it doesn't show anything out of the ordinary. I have updated MDAC on this server to 2.8 sp1 with no affect, reinstalled the Agent via push, reapplied SP4 to the server. Any one else have any ideas?
5 REPLIES 5

tejashree_Bhate
Level 6
Hello,

Verify that the service remote agent is running under local system account. Stop the antivirus service. Reinstall the remote agent after applying the service packs.

Also paste the exact error as in the application log.

Note:- if we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be assumed answered and archived.

Mike_McGuffin
Level 2
Remote agent is running under local system account. Stopped AV service, no change. Uninstalled/Reinstalled Agent - no change.

Event ID: 7031
The Backup Exec Remote Agent for Windows Servers service terminated unexpectedly. It has done this 1 time(s). The following corrective action will be taken in 0 milliseconds: Restart the service.

I have rolled the Agent back to 9.1.4691.0 and have been able to restore both of my drives successfully.

Deepali_Badave
Level 6
Employee
Hello,

Please refer the following technote:

http://support.veritas.com/docs/242153

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.

Mike_McGuffin
Level 2
Interesting but this only states to apply the latest service pack and it deals with a nic that is running more than 12 ip addresses on it. I have two nics and each one only has 1 address assigned to it. Not very helpful unfortunately.

Ajit_Kulkarni
Level 6
Hello,

In your previous reply you have mentioned that you installed Remote Agent of Backup Exec v9.1 4691.0 and the restore was successful. So is the problem resolved for you ?

Kindly update.

Regards

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked "assumed answered" and would be moved to "answered questions" pool.