cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remote Agent transfer

Wayne_Philpott-
Level 3
Hi,
I have a 9.1 server with 4 remote agents installed. I did not do the original install, so I do not know which remote agent goes to which server. I have decomissioned one of the remote servers and brought a new server on line that I need to install the remote agent on. My questions:
1. How can I tell which serial number is tied to which remote server?
2. If I just remove one of the licenses and reinstall the license can I mess up one of the existing remote servers?
3. Forgo the uninstall and reinstall license path and just install the remote agent on the server? Via either CD or copying the directory to the remote server? I forget which directory to copy and install....
Thanks - Wayne
1 REPLY 1

Amruta_Bhide
Level 6
Hello Wayne,
You do not need to uninstall the License. As your Previous Remote System is no more in the environment, you can use that License Directly for a new System. Just install the remote Agent on that Server and it should work.
However if you still have that remote Sever, you will need to get a new Remote agent License.

The remote Agent Directory that needs to be copied is the RANT32/64 Folder as per the System that you want to install it on.

Hope that answers your Questions. Let us know if you still have any Doubts.

Note : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked �assumed answered� and would be moved to �answered questions� pool.

Thanks