cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remote Agent won't sit idle

Leo2011
Level 4

Hello,

I have an issue with a Backup Exec Remote Agent Utility indicating that the activity state on the “Status” tab is “A Backup job is running”.  However, there is no activity being displayed within the status screen.  Also, if I check the “Job Monitor” from the admin console screen and it shows all my jobs as idle.

My question is where do I find the job that is causing the agent to not be idle?  I believe this to be the reason for some errors that I have been encountering with this server.

Please advise

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Leo2011
Level 4

Thank you!

That worked…kinda.  I closed down the remote agent.  Then waited a few minutes before starting it up again, however, it still came back with a status of running a job.  Therefore, I had to go to my services and shutdown the service.  I restarted the service and it finally is idle.  smiley

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi,

Does it go back to being idle if you restart the RAWS agent on the remote server?

Also, go to the RAWS agent on the remote server and open it up...it should show you what it is busy with on the first screen.

Furthermore, just make sure that your AV (if you are running 1) isn't scanning your file used for the RAWS agent service.

Thanks!

Leo2011
Level 4

Thank you!

That worked…kinda.  I closed down the remote agent.  Then waited a few minutes before starting it up again, however, it still came back with a status of running a job.  Therefore, I had to go to my services and shutdown the service.  I restarted the service and it finally is idle.  smiley

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

...you might want to upgrade your media server with any available patches, and then push-install those to your remote agents.