cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remote network selections greyed out. Need assist with new install

Sam_Cage
Not applicable
Hello,

The previous admins let the backup system die a slow death so Im trying to revive it but Im not fimiliar with installing backup exec.

Im running Backup Exec 8.6 for Windows NT/2000 on an NT terminal server. Im unable to select NT/2000 Servers in the backup selections list. They are all greyed out. I've done a little bit of research and ran across a topic stating there were remote licences that needed to be installed. However I found another topic that stated that remote licenses were not needed for the server version. So I proceeded with the installation of the remote agents and they suceeded succesfully. Still Im unable to select the servers I'd like to backup.

So my questions at this point are.

1. Are remote licenses needed or not? If so what would they look like? I found the activation key for the backup exec program on a "Software License Certificate" product "Backup Exec for NT/2000 server", Number of Licenses: 6

2.If remote licenses are not the problem what else can I look at to solve this issue?

Thank You
1 REPLY 1

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
To connect to a renmote serverOS machine, you must indeed install a remote agent serial for each on the media server. Workstaion OSes need a remote agent, but don;t need a serial installed on the media server

What you ahve sounds like a media server license from the description, but go ahead and enter the six serials on the media server and see if it will accept them.

(a RAWS serial looks just like a server serial, but contains some kind of checksum that identifies it as a RAWS)Message was edited by:
Ken Putnam