cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remove AOFO from Remote server

Texkonc
Level 3
Media Server: 2003 Std. SP2 BE12.5 SP2 Remote Agent: 2003 Server Enterprise SP2 Terminal Server (reboots are hard to coordinate) agent is 11D with AOFO Yes, i know it is not current and it is 2003 and AOFO only for 2000. I will be updating it this week. For now, we have a problem that looks to be with the AOFO. It was installed in the past since we had issues with VSS. But we have virtualized it and I have set the media server to use VSS, but since it is still installed I think it is causing issues. Is there a way I can just remove the AOFO part of the installed agent, but leave the rest of the agent intact? I don't want to remove or push an update to the agent. Any batch file to run? After removed is reboot required or recomended?
8 REPLIES 8

Texkonc
Level 3
Duh!! 
Found it on the site.  But my question is about the reboot.  Do I HAVE to reboot?  Can I run the backup just fine without a reboot and the AOFO will be fully disabled?

AmolB
Employee Accredited Certified
You will have to reboot the system after uninstallation  in order to disable AOFO.

Texkonc
Level 3
So I can remove it without the reboot and it will be fine, but a reboot is required for it to be fully gone?
Can I still run a backup / test backup without any issues?

AmolB
It may or may not work, Could you please post the article that you are refering for uninstalling AOFO.

AmolB
The command also uninstalls the remote agent.

Texkonc
Level 3
Well, i am going to push the updated remote agent tonight and not select the AOFO option during install from the media server, so it will be removed and the new agent will be installed at the same time.
I was able to cordinate a reboot tonight.

Colin_Weaver

The reason for the reboot is that filter drivers (such as that used by AOFO) reside in the driver stack between the requests made by an application and the file system. Depending on the type of filter driver this load into the driver stack can only take place during a boot and not dynamically once the operating system is running. This then means you cannot dynimcially unload the driver withouth a reboot either (even if you remoevd the files because it is already active in memory)