cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removing Exchange 2000 Agent from 9.1

HogieWan
Level 2
We have an old exchange server running 2000.  Veritas 9.1 is backing up the information store (with the exchange agent).  I didn't set this up so I'm not that familiar with it.  How do I remove or disable the exchange agent?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
When editing the selection list, choose TEXT version, you should be able to delete the Exchange sources from there

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

Ken_Putnam
Level 6

The Exchange "Agent" is merely a serial that is installed on the media server to unlock the capability

You can remove the Remote Agent from the Exchange Server, and the serial number from the BESERNUM.XML (TXT for v9?) file.  Also edit your selection lists and choose TEXT version and remove the Exchange options there

tech29
Level 6
Hi,

You just have to remove the license for Agent for exchange from Backup exec console Tools=>Install options and license keys, hit next, select the agent for exchange keys, and remove those keys, complete the wizard.

If you do not want to backup anything on that exchange server then you can simply uninstall the remote agent on that exchange server and that way backup exec would not be able to select anything on that server.

Regards,
tech29

HogieWan
Level 2

tech29 - it says I need the disc to complete the installation

AFA the remote agent, there are other files that need backing up on that server as it has been repurposed

tech29
Level 6
do you have installable's for backup exec 9.1, you may require to provide path of those installables in order to complete the wizard.

regards,
tech29

pkh
   VIP    Certified
You can actually leave the Exchange Agent serial number as it is, i.e., don't remove it.  It does not harm.  In your backup job, just de-select the Exchange backup.

HogieWan
Level 2

pkh - I was looking that, but I couldn't find a way to deselect it.

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
When editing the selection list, choose TEXT version, you should be able to delete the Exchange sources from there

HogieWan
Level 2

looks like that did it - thanks

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
Yah

This  has been a know feature (read gotcha) since forever