cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removing "Utility Partition" From Selection

pnewell
Level 4

Hi All,

We started virtualizing our physical servers here but it didn't occur to us to remove the "Utility Partition" from the selections in our backup jobs.  Now when the backups run they give an error saying that they couldn't find the Utility Partitions on those servers.

If I open the job in an attempt to edit it, the Utility Partition is gone (because the server's been virtualized and I didn't bring over the Utility Partitions) so I can't remove it.  I even tried to remove the server from the job, saved it, then added it and it's selections back.  Unfortunately that wasn't good enough as the backups still error out saying that it couldn't connect to the Utility Partition.

Now, my network admin says that he's run into this before and the only way he was able to remedy the issue was to recreate the job.  I'd really like to avoid that as I'll be repurposing an old server and installing BE12 on it (fresh).

Does anyone know of a way I can remove the "Utility Partition" from the selection?

Thanks in advance!

1 REPLY 1

Ken_Putnam
Level 6

Open the selection list and choose Text Mode.  Delete from there and you should be good to go

(This little gotcha has been around since v7.0, so don't bother adding it to the Enhancements section  Smiley Very Happy   )