cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restore of Logon Scripts

Larry_Ventura
Level 3
Hi, we are running active directory on win2k3 and need to get an older copy of a logon script (user script) that is in a subfolder of sysvol. We had c:\winnt\sysvol selected in our backup selections, but when we go to restore, the folder is empty in Backup Exec restore selection window. The only other way i can get to syssvol is to do an entire system state restore... any ideas?
5 REPLIES 5

Aaron_Blazer_2
Level 3
have you considered running backup and directing it to a different directory? and send to something like c:\temp

our scripts are stored in C:\WINNT\SYSVOL\domain\scripts
and if restored from backup would then go to(I believe):
C:\Temp\SYSVOL\domain\scripts

Larry_Ventura
Level 3
Aaron, my problem is that the BE10 gui won't allow me to simply restore the script files. If i'm in the restore window and I browse to sysvol, it's empty (i verified that i have sysvol selected in the backup job, and i checked the sysvol restore for a number of backup jobs.) If I got to the system state restore, i can't just select sysvol, it will only allow the selection of the entire system state, which can only be restored if you have your target machine running in directory recovery mode, and cant be redirected.....

Are you saying that you can browse to your login scripts in the restore window?

ray_littlefie1
Level 6
Larry-

what Aaron means is that you can select the System State (within Shadow Copy Components) within the restore seelction and then redirect the system state backup to a folder on your hard drive. It wil restore all the files and scripts that you have to that redirected location.

Aaron_Blazer_2
Level 3
No, its not browsable on my end either. Try redirecting the sysvol from a full backup set

Larry_Ventura
Level 3
Yep, that worked...glad i posted to the forum. EXTREMELY dissapointed that veritas tech support said there was no way to do it short of a clean system state restore.