cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restore selections offers only most recent backup set

bill_dunn
Level 3

I'm using backupexec 2012 on Windows 2008R2.  My backup media are USB drives.  I need to restore some files from a backup a few days ago.  I select the Backup and Restore tab and the server that has the files I wish to restore.  Next I click on the Restore icon and choose File, folders, or volumes two times.  click on the arrow beside the drive I wish to from.  In my past experience with backupexec  I would see a history of dates and I could select which date I wanted to restore from.  This one is showing me only the date of the most recent successful backup and no earlier dates. 

I connected an older drive and cataloged and inventoried that drive.  I still see only the date of the most recent backup.

What must I do to restore from a backup other than the most recent?

Thanks

Bill

5 REPLIES 5

lmosla
Level 6

check the date range to see if it goes back far enough to include the backup

pkh
   VIP    Certified

How long did you set the retention period?  It could be the the other backup sets have expired and was deleted by DLM.

Gurvinder
Employee Accredited Certified

Can you share a screenshot of this restore screen would help here

bill_dunn
Level 3

I fear retention period is the issue.  I have it set to 1 hour.  I can see older Backupexec data files on the disk. Is there a way I can "catalog" these older files to utilize them?  If I connect this disk to another BackupExec machine would it be able to catalog these files?

Attached is a picture of what I'm seeing when I try to restore to this machine.

Tx

Bill

pkh
   VIP    Certified

I can see older Backupexec data files on the disk

I don't understand.  If these are not deleted than you should be able to see them in your restore selection.

You can right-click on the disk storage and try cataloging it.