cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restoring Exchange 2010 Public Folders, job completes but data not there.

Jason_Meyer
Level 4

Having a bit of difficulty getting a PF database to restore. Ran through the guide me wizard and nothing restores.The media shows the entire hierarchy of the public folders so I know the data is there. Guessing I am missing something.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Jason_Meyer
Level 4

well got it back finally. had to select the purge all data from the exchange 2000 or later options.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Jason_Meyer
Level 4

Forgot to mention its Exchange 2010.

Jason_Meyer
Level 4

Well went with a restore of the folders I needed. Its slow, but restoring each message one by one.

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

...is your temporary staging location still C:\Temp? If so, change it to a drive with enough disk space to temporarily hold the Information Store and try again.

Also, is this from tape or from disk, and does the job log show any sort of byte count?

Jason_Meyer
Level 4

Have nearly 14GB available and the store is just under 2GB so enough temp space.

Its from disk and the job log shows a byte count and has a completion status of successful.

Doing the individual message restore has had some issues. The folders are no longer calendars and only accept Mail and Notes, and I can't change the form to be IPM.Appointment(have given myself Owner).

Jason_Meyer
Level 4

well got it back finally. had to select the purge all data from the exchange 2000 or later options.