cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP DB13 Backup

Andr__K_nzi
Level 3
I have a problem with a SAP Backup by DB13 am started.
I installed Backup EXEC 10,0 Rev. 5484. On remote server is installed the remote agent with AOFO and SAP the agent.
"Job ended: Thursday, June 16, 2005 at 11:57:44 AM
Completed status: Failed
Final error: 0xe000848c - Unable to attach to a resource. Make sure that all selected resources exist and are online, and then try again.
Final error category: Resource Errors
Click an error below to locate it in the job log
Backup- CBSV50GAOFO: Initialization failure on: "\\ServerName". Advanced Open File Option used: No.
Unable to attach to this resource. Make sure that this resource exists, and then try again."
I have everything after reference 266177 processed without success.
what can I still make?
3 REPLIES 3

uz
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
SAP R/3 Agent and AOFO running on the same SAP system ?? I would not do this !

Anyway, do you get the error while performing a binary flat file backup with AOFO of the SAP servers Volumes (e.g. C: D: Sysstate etc) excluding the SAP Database directories ?

Or does the error appear when performing the SAP Agent backup. ? (SAP Agent never uses AOFO)

If it is the SAP agent, how is biparam.ini configured and what kind of SAP ackup are you doing ?

If it is the flatfile backup - why are you using AOFO ?
Try the backup without AOFO (much better on a SAP system anyway)

Check vxmon.exe whether the Remote Agent gets in contact with the BE server.

Hope this helps to get new ideas to search for...

Regards

uz

Andr__K_nzi
Level 3
Thanks for the reference. I registered the job parameter in biparam.ini. The option AOFO I deinstalliert.
Afterwards I started, unfortunately the job of SAP with DB13 have I still same error message.

"Final error: 0xe000848c - Unable to attach to a resource. Make sure that all selected resources exist and are online, and then try again.
Final error category: Resource Errors
Click an error below to locate it in the job log
Backup- ServerAOFO: Initialization failure on: "\\ServerName". Advanced Open File Option used: No.
Unable to attach to this resource. Make sure that this resource exists, and then try again."
I have everything after reference 266177 processed without success."

thanks for the assistance

uz
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
André, does the job appear within the BE GUI and crashes afterwards or does it crash before you can see anything on the BE GUI. (error only on SAP side)

Does a "normal" Filebackup from the remote SAP server, initiated from the BE server work ?
Lets say if you backup the c: drive of your SAP server.

Regards

uz