Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP backup fails

David_Sanz
Level 6
Partner
Hi everybody

I write because I get a problem when trying to backup a remote SAP server from a Backup Exec v10 host. The SAP Server works with Oracle, and the biparam.ini file seems to be right (a task appears in the Backup Exec console when the command is launched from Backint) but I get an error reporting permission denied. I am using an active directory account, and both machines (SAP and BEXEC are in the same domain).

Any suggestion? Thanks a lot
2 REPLIES 2

priya_khire
Level 6
Hello,

What is the exact error that you receive while backing up SAP? Since when does this problem occur? What is the version of SAP DB?

Refer to the following technote which might be helpful in taking SAP DB backups:

How to protect a SAP R/3 system running on the SAP DB database using the VERITAS Backup Exec (tm) Agent for R/3 for Oracle Server
http://support.veritas.com/docs/262903

Revert with details if the issue persists.

Note : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked ‘assumed answered’ and would be moved to ‘answered questions’ pool.

Regards.

David_Sanz
Level 6
Partner
Finally I mended the problem.

Someone had changed the System logon account, which turns out to be the accpunt Backup Exec always uses to connect to the SAP agent (though this is not specified anywhere).

Everything goes right