Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SBS Licensing queries

BradSuperdata
Level 2

Hi,

Need to as a few questions about Backup Exec Licensing

1 - SBS Premium comes with the option to run SQL on a seperate server as part of the same SBS license for both servers, how does Backup Exec fit around this licensing model if we want to backup the data on both servers as well as the SQL.

2 - SBS Backup Exec includes Sharepint Agent?

3 - in the SBS documentation it talks about continuous backup protection under the DLO, is this the same as the CP Agent but to cover desktops and laptops?

4 - in the SBS documentation it indicates it includes 1 server agent, this is for the server that it is installed on is that correct? or does this mean it can backup both the SBS server and an additional server?

* please include links to documentation in your replies as my boss only believes the answers if they are documented in black and white...
4 REPLIES 4

pkh
   VIP    Certified
my boss only believes the answers if they are documented in black and white

In this case, you should talk to either your reseller or Symantec Sales.  So far, i have only seen one document on licensing and it covers only the normal edition. 

Nimish_Patel
Level 5
Employee Accredited
There is no document as such for your query, if you want something in written about the licenses then as Pkh suggested, you should speak to your reseller or to our sales department.

As far as answers to your questions goes,

1. SBS license comes bundled with licensed for Backup Exec, Sharepoint, SQL and Exchange. and if you have setup ur SBS to use SQL on a different server than you will just need an additional Remote Agent license to backup SQL database of that other server because your BE SBS license already has a SQL license.

2. Yes, BE SBS license includes sharepoint.

3. No DLO and CPS are two different products. To know more about DLO check Admin Guide (http://support.veritas.com/docs/338514) page no. 1543.

4.  No 1 server agent means the same SBS server.

If this answers your queries then please mark it as sollution.

BradSuperdata
Level 2
Thanks for your replies,

I found it quite difficult to convey all this information over the phone and get a response we could work with, do sales have an email address?

bswt2
Not applicable
We purchased Backup Exec 2010 SBS Edition about 2 months ago and I confirmed the included software/licenses with Customer Care last week.

We have all the agents (Exchange, Sharepoint, SQL) including the option to back up the Premium server for SQL.
1 License for Backup Exec System Recovery SBS Edition, 1 additional Licenses for Server edition and 1 for Desktop Edition
Continuous Protection Server License
75 Licenses for Desktop and Laptop Option