cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Segmentation Fault when restoring

Jay_Long
Level 3
BackupExec 11d - build 7170 = v11.0.7170

I'm trying to complete a restore of some data that was backed up on a machine that has the Legacy Agent installed. I'm trying to do a redirected restore, i.e. send the restored files to another machine instead of the one they were backed up from. The restore job doesn't want to complete, I have tried the following:

1) restore to a machine with the legacy agent installed, I get an "Access Denied" message even though the machine I want to restore to can be seen and accessed fine by BackupExec

2) restore to a machine with the RALUS agent installed (version as above), I get a "Segmentation Fault" message. The agent starts fine, and BackupExec can be seen to connect to the Agent however as soon as it looks like data will be transferred the Agent drops with the error message.

I have the majority of the console output I can post if that would be of any use. The issue sounds very similar to the following:

https://forums.symantec.com/syment/board/message?board.id=115&message.id=14910&query.id=89795#M14910

Would anyone know if there is a later Agent release which has a fix for this issue?

Message Edited by Jay Long on 02-04-2008 12:19 PM
1 REPLY 1

quesse
Level 3
I have SOLVED the problem!
It seem a problem due to path/link up on 255 character or file looked, so the solution is to de-check option in any backup's job on linux machine:

Setting->Linux->Follow local mount point
Setting->Linux->Backup content of directory with symbolic link
Setting->Linux->Block remote file

DV