cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sharepoint 2007 backup

Philippe_LUDWIG
Not applicable
I'm unable to add a Sharepoint 2007 farm to BackupExec 11d. I installed the hotfix 6 and ensured that the remote agent was updated correcly by checking the file versions as per the knowledge base doc.

When I try to add a server farm, I got "access denied" message with any account I try to use. I even tried to connect using the farm administrator account (which is also administrator of the server I'm trying to connect to) without success.

I can see the network connection using ndmp port (10000) meaning that the connection is being done between the media server and the web server.

I did not find any documentation on security settings which may have to be set on the Sharepoint site to be able to run a backup.

I've been able to add successfully a WSS 2 server to BE but not WSS3 or SPS 2007.

Has anybody had been able successfully backup SPS 2007 and is there any documentation available to configure SPS to work with BE11d ?

Thanks
3 REPLIES 3

Giampiero_Petro
Level 2
Hi, I've exactly the same error after the update (hotfix 6). I'm able to add SPS 2003 farm (also with autodiscover) but unable to discover new MOSS 2007 farm, the console show an access denied error!

I made some control like credential on IIS and MOSS2007, connection and port but without results. The Default site stopped (MOSS2007 configuration) can make some difference!?

As next step I will try to remove the SPS option and reinstall!!

Thanks

Beat_Zi_rjen
Level 3
Hi
I've exactly the same problems. I am unable to add Server in a Farm. I have installed also the hotfix and verifyed the version on the media servern and on the remote server.
In our company we have also a test-envirement with wss 3.0 and MOSS and also on this system we getting this error.
I'm getting helpless, what can we do next?
Thanks for advices.

Beat 

Scott5000
Level 2
I finally was able to add the farm after installing all the hotfixes for 11d 7170. Make sure you are using build 7170, not the 6XXX version. This build will not update itself using Live Update. You need to download it from Symantec and manually install it.

Message Edited by Scott5000 on 08-09-200701:44 PM