cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sharepoint 2010 Backup fails with error on Sharepoint_Config db (V-79-57344-65055) (0xE000FE1F)

spoekes
Level 4

Hello,
i have a problem with backing up a Sharepoint 2010 Foundation installation with Backup Exec R3 (latest patches). Everything is backed up except the configuration db (SharePoint_Config).
What really confuses me is the title of the database "ConfigurationV3-DB" which does not fit to Sharepoint 2010 foundation but for WSS3 (We never had WSS 3 on this machine).

The solutions i found so far (like http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH55835) do not seem to apply to our configuration.

Full errormessage is:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
V-79-57344-65055 - AOFO: Initialisierung fehlgeschlagen: "ConfigurationV3-DB (XXXXXXXX\SQLEXPRESS\SharePoint_Config)". Advanced Open File Option verwendet: Nein.
Fehler im Snapshot-Provider (0xE000FE1F): Gerät nicht gefunden.

Ausführliche Angaben finden Sie in der Windows-Ereignisanzeige.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thanks for your help

Thomas

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

spoekes
Level 4

Hi,
rebuilding the backup selection and  removing the "ConfigurationV3-DB" entry finally fixed the problem.
The whole issue emerged because Backup Exec (R0) identified Sharepoint Foundation as WSS3 and 
saved the "
ConfigurationV3-DB" entry in the selection list. After upgrading to R3 this entry became orphaned  and was not removed from the selection althought we complety deselected every resource.
Greetings
Thomas

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Russ_Perry
Level 6
Employee

The database name, ConfigurationV3-DB is our way of identifying that this is Sharepoint V3 which is either MOSS 2007 or WIndows Sharepoint Services 3.0 (Sharepoint 2010 will show ConfigurationV4 DB).

The error is saying that the database Sharepoint_Config cannot be found.  Note that the database server shows up above as XXXXXXXX\SQLEXPRESS\.  I'm guessing you changed the real name of your server to this but be sure that this SQL DB server name is accurate.  Also be sure that your config DB is indeed called 'Sharepoint_Config'. 

Normally the Config DB for Sharepoint is one of the easier resources to back up in Sharepoint so check these basics.

Russ

spoekes
Level 4

Hi Russ,

I found the "ConfigurationV3-DB" entry in the "View Selection Detail" tab and removed it.
Perhaps this will remove the error

Thanks for your help

Thomas

Russ_Perry
Level 6
Employee

Hi Thomas,

The concern in my comment above was that the DB name in backup job was accurate and the DB is accessible.  The Sharepoint config DB should be included in the backup if possible.

Russ

spoekes
Level 4

Hi,
rebuilding the backup selection and  removing the "ConfigurationV3-DB" entry finally fixed the problem.
The whole issue emerged because Backup Exec (R0) identified Sharepoint Foundation as WSS3 and 
saved the "
ConfigurationV3-DB" entry in the selection list. After upgrading to R3 this entry became orphaned  and was not removed from the selection althought we complety deselected every resource.
Greetings
Thomas