cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sharepoint 2010 and Foundation 2010 with same SQL in one backup job does not work

s_buerger
Level 2

Hi,

I'm backing up a Sharepoint 2010 Farm with databases on a MS SQL 2008 R2 SP1 CU2 for some time without issues.

Now I tried to add a Sharepoint Foundation 2010 Farm with databases on the same SQL Server to that backup job.

After I added it, the Job failed while backing up the Sharepoint databases (error 0xE000FE1F: The device cannot be found).

In the same job it backup the SPF databases on the same server without problems.

Now I removed both farms from the job, added only the SP farm. It worked.

Now I added the SPF Farm again and now the databases from the SPF farm failed with the same error like the SP farm databases before, but now the SP Farm databases succeded in this job.

Is this a known issue?

Backup Exec 2010 R3 (Rev. 5204)

All databases are on the one single SQL Server

3 REPLIES 3

Sush---
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

2. This issue may also occur if the BESA doesn't have required rights for backing up SharePoint.

A. BESA  is a Sharepoint server farm administrator on Sharepoint server.

B. BESA  has Public and SysAdmin privileges on backend SQL  server.

Check the 2nd point in this technote:

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH168587 : Sharepoint backup or restore fails with error "0xe000fe1f - The device cannot be found." after changing Backup Exec System (BESA) Account Password

Thanks,

-Sush...

s_buerger
Level 2

Thanks, but they both work in the same job, but only alone, not together.

So the credentials should be correct.

Russ_Perry
Level 6
Employee

There should be no problems with this environment.  When the backup begins, if the Sharepoint farm is selected for backup at the top level, a query is sent to Sharepoint to determine what resources comprise the farm.  Each farm backup should only consist of those resources that Sharepoint reported to the agent...  I haven't seen complaints of this type issue. When the farms are combined are there particular resources that fail or do they all fail?  Does anything get backed up?

Russ