cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Side effect of service pack 4

Quin_Kan
Level 3
Hello:

We installed service pack 4 earlier today and rebooted our server. Wonder if the following situation related to service pack 4. Any idea?

I was using remote desktop to connect to the server and ran varitas. Then suddenly, the varitas icon disappeared from the desktop. Varitas was still running. Then I exited varitas and run varitas again using another varitas icon on the desktop (we have two shortcuts to varitas). Varitas open alright, but the icon disappeared from the desktop as well. Then I closed remote desktop connection, and tried PC anywhere to connect to the server and the following message appeared:

The file system structure on the disk is corrupt and unusable. Please run the Chkdsk utility on the volumne C:.

Possible service pack 4 has something to do with it? Or it is an independent issue.

Thanks,

Quin
1 REPLY 1

Sharvari_Deshmu
Level 6
Hello,

There are no known issues related to the error"The file system structure on the disk is corrupt and unusable." and SP4a.

Please revert if the issue persists.

Thanks,

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.