cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sony AIT SDX-450v "Drive does not detect in be 9.1 for NW"

Travis_2
Not applicable
I have just changed my third Sony SDX-450v drive due to tapes not ejecting and tapes breaking and the list goes on and on.

I received my replacement Sony AIT SDX450v drive today as the SDX400v has been discontinued.

I installed the drive into the server running netware 6.5 sp1 small business. The server i am running is and intel whitebox running a intel se7501hg2 dual xeon server board.

The drive detects in the bios and yes the scsi drivers are loaded and running under netware but i just cant see the drive at all in veritas and cannot find any new partitions.

I downloaded and installed backupexec 9.1 (4/2/2005) release and still no joy.

CAN ANYBODY PLEASE HELP???????
4 REPLIES 4

Not applicable
Have exact same problem with a new Sony sdx 450 and bkup exec 9.1 O/S is Netware 5.1.
Appears in Netware under devices and their is no scsi conflict but bkup exec will not pick up the drive.
Any ideas would be gratefully received.

Level 3
Hi!

Few things to check if the drives are not getting detected in Backup Exec....

1. Is the drive or tape library listed in HCL of Backup Exec

Libraries & drive HCL : http://support.veritas.com/docs/271381

Stand alone Drives HCL : http://support.veritas.com/docs/271380

2. If OS is seeing the device, Backup Exec should see it, if it is not need to check the SCSI IDs and IRQs, generate CONFIG.TXT with LOAD CONFIG.NLM and check the TOP OF STORAGE INFORMATION and check if the IRQs used by SCSI Card are conflicting with IRQs of RAID controller, if so resolve the conflict and see the results

Before we troubleshoot this issue further, I request you to check the HCL cause I couldn't find the SONY AIT SDX-450v as tested and listed in both the HCLs, if its not tested with backup exec we can not continue troubleshooting. As its not recommended using incompatible hardware.

Thanks & Regards

Tammali

Matt_Eibenstein
Level 3
Do a search for the following thread.

Sony SDX-450V is not recognized in Backup Exec for Netware 9.0 rev 4202

Jim_Dunbar
Level 2
I had the same problem with this drive. Call Sony tech suppoert, they have a fix that worked for me.